Resolutions: Yes or No?
The New Year is only 10 days away and of course I haven’t made any resolutions. I never do but I think for this New Year it might just be worth my time. So, why do people make New Year’s resolutions?
- It gives then hope for a better future.
- It gives them something to look forward to.
- You’re setting goals for a healthier life.
- You’re trying out new things and getting out of your comfort zone.
- Trying to accomplish more goals physically.
- Trying to maintain yourself and your lifestyle.
Those are just the few reasons why people set resolutions goals. I have so many things I want to do and try in 2018 and it’s getting out of control. I have to keep reminding myself that I can’t go overboard and setting limits will help with achieving my goals.
Quick Tips to Keep your New Year’s Resolutions
- Don’t make too many resolutions and make them realistic. Attainable goals with a reasonable time frame.
- Choose your own resolution. Do not make goals because someone is doing it or your significant other says you need to. Do it for you!
- Make a plan and how long you would like to complete that specific goal.
- Write your goals down in order to stay on track and follow your progress.
- Involve friends and family. They can support your efforts, and can motivate you to keep going.
- If you get off track, don’t sweat the small stuff. Review your plan and adjust accordingly.
- Congratulate yourself. Reward yourself on all your intermediate goals and when your resolution is met.
Remember to make your goals realistic and don’t try to do something crazy that you will eventually set yourself up for failure. You have to remember that slip-ups happen. It’s not about the slip up as it is so much about the recovery. You have to learn how to recovery from your slop ups that way you won’t continuously beat yourself up about them. Always take small steps towards those goals and be sure to congratulate yourself for making the changes you have made. I’m looking forward to some changes for the better. Good luck everyone!